My somewhat uneventful week ahead

1) Watch Bright Star for uni. All I know about the film is it's about Keats, and all I know about Keats is that he died young of TB. I strongly suspect there will be yet another case of Costume Drama Cough™, and at some point Ben Whishaw will delicately splutter into a blood-stained handkerchief OF PORTENTOUS DOOM™. I suppose, however, it does make a change for a bloke to be the tragically doomed one.

2) Finish reading Rebecca. I'm really enjoying it, the only problem being that I can't picture Mrs. Danvers as anything other than David Mitchell in a dress.


3) Start my Sensation Fiction essay on the rather-more-fabulous-than-it-ought-to-be Aurora Floyd (essentially comparing the eponymous Ms. Floyd with The Woman in White's Marian, as they are both women with 'manly tendencies').

4) If the weather stays nice, go and do some work in the park and get some much-needed sunshine. Recently-taken photos have revealed that I look like a cadaver and/or a Twilight fan. I'm not sure which is worse.

5) Avoid booze after the excesses of last night.